Rhian has been invited to attend the festival, 'L'Ombra Illuminata. Donna nella Musica', as the featured guest, at the 'Conservatorio Niccolò Piccini' in Bari, Italy, in mid-October. Several of her pieces will be performed there. Shortly afterwards, her work, Summer's Leave, will be premiered by Elgan Llŷr Thomas, tenor, Rosalind Ventris, viola and Ian Tindale, piano, at the Wigmore Hall, London, in a concert to celebrate the Ludlow Festival.
Following the publication of Jeremy Huw Williams's CD, Songs of Earth and Air: the vocal works of Rhian Samuel (Lorelt) in August, Tŷ Cerdd's disc, Unbroken Threads, which includes Rhian's Violin Sonata will be launched at Powis Hall, Bangor, on 5th September, 2022.
- Rhyfedd, rhyfedd / Wonder, wonder (2020) for SATB chorus and organ, pub. Vol. 3, Multitude of Voyces, ed. Louise Stewart, the Welsh text by the renowned 18th-century poet, Ann Griffiths, and the English translation by the composer: this work has now been published separately by Stainer & Bell in their series, Choral Now.
- Rejoice: Fantasia on 'Victimae Paschali Laudes' for solo organ. In Gregoriana, ed. Anna Lapwood, pub. Stainer & Bell.
- Three Welsh Folksongs/Tair Cân Werin, for SSA women's choir. Commissioned by 'Dare to Sing' Choir, Cwmdare, Aberdare, pub. Tŷ Cerdd.
- Dear Night (Henry Vaughan) S(+solo)ATB chorus. A revised version of the work originally published with organ. Recorded for broadcast by BBC Singers in April 2022. Pub. by Stainer & Bell.
- Orpheus for voice, lute and viol (or voice, guitar and cello) (2021). Two songs, texts by Tabitha Hayward. Pub. Tŷ Cerdd. Influenced by 16th/17th century composers, including John Dowland. Performance now on YouTube.
- Salve nos for solo viola (2021). Now on CD (see below). Pub. Tŷ Cerdd.
- Moon over Maenefa (2020) for solo baritone, text by Gerard Manley Hopkins, pub. Tŷ Cerdd.
- The premiere of the Wind Trio for flute, clarinet in Bb and horn or cor anglais, given by the South Florida Chamber Ensemble at Deerfield Beach, Florida on Sunday, 21 August, 2022.
- The premiere of the trio, Ribbons & Streamers II, at the International Harp Congress, 2022, at the RWCMD, Cardiff, given by Lucy Driver, flute, Jamie Howe, viola, and Mared Pugh-Evans, harp, on 28th July.
- Spring Diary, five songs, to texts by Anne Stevenson, performed by James Atkinson, tenor, and Sholto Kynoch, piano, at the Gower Festival on 8th July.
- Before Dawn for medium voice and piano, one of Rhian's most performed works, by Ekaterina Maslakova, soprano and Rachel Toh, in Nuremberg, Germany, on 5th July, 2022.
- A concert at the Royal Academy of Music London on Friday, 17 June, given by Margarida Vaz Neto, Ben Finley, Emanuele Addis and Ekaterina Grabova. Four pieces, including the first live performance of Orpheus and the new version of Ribbons and Streamers I, for cello and guitar.
- Four concerts by the Tailleferre Ensemble featuring two of Rhian's pieces for winds: Redlands Suite (ob, cl, bsn) and LIttle Duos for oboe and cor anglais.
- The Moon and I, four songs for soprano and piano, in St Louis Missouri, USA, by Leann Shuering and Jonathan Heaney.
- Dear Night for SATB chorus, the BBC Singers, conductor James Sherlock, recorded for broadcast on BBC Radio 3.
- Songs of Earth and Air: the vocal works of Rhian Samuel (Lorelt). A CD made by Jeremy Huw Williams, baritone, Paula Fan, piano, and instrumentalists on the Faculty of The University of Arizona. Works on the disc are Songs of Earth & Air, Spring Diary, Moon over Maenefa, Summer Songs, A Swift Radiant Morning and Rondeau. A total of 18 songs! Many thanks to Jeremy for his initiative in creating this CD, and to all who supported it, including a number of British Trusts.
- Rhian's Violin Sonata, played by Mary Hofman and Richard Ormrod, is about to appear on Tŷ Cerdd's disc, Unbroken Threads, to be launched at Powis Hall, Bangor, on 5th September, 2022.
- The Shape of Trees (2020) for SATB chorus, commissioned by the BBC for the BBC Singers was included as part of 'The Seven Ages of Woman' on the complementary CD released with BBC Music Magazine in their June 2021 issue.
- Tŷ Cerdd's anthology of contemporary Welsh song, Taliesin's Songbook (TCR031) includes the solo soprano version of Rhian's 'Yr Alarch'. Great review of the work and Elin Manahan Thomas's performance in BBC Music Magazine, September 2021.
- The CD of Berlin-based Hiyoli Togawa, Songs of Solitude (BIS), contains Salve Nos for solo viola, newly commissioned for the CD. Wonderful performance!